How to Use Ping Parameters CMD? – To use ping parameters cmd, firstly you must open the prompt command. And then you must type the [ ping /? ] command that you will guide.
How to Use Ping Parameters CMD?
How to Use Ping Parameters CMD?
Ping Parameters contains some additional commands for advanced usage features for the Ping command. The ping command is the most useful command used to troubleshoot network connectivity problems.
Ping parameters can be used for more detailed, comprehensive and professional troubleshooting. More information can also be used when needed.
Do you know that how to flush DNS cache ? If you don’t know, click to read the topic called the How to Clear DNS Cache Windows 10 …
Today, both system users and home users are faced with constant faults. These problems can sometimes hurt a person and can become unbearable. The ping command is usually used for network connectivity testing.
The simple and plain interface helps us to find the problem is very great. The Ping parameters, on the other hand, provide more advanced features of the ping command. With these parameters, more detailed troubleshooting methods can be done.
Using Ping Parameters CMD
Let’s explain to use ping parameters cmd. The Ping Parameter properties can be accessed from the entire computer running the Windows operating system. If you want to reach the properties of the ping command, you can open the Run program with Windows key + R and write cmd in the command section and enter.
At the prompt, type [Ping /? ] and then press enter, the following commands will be shown on the screen.
The section that says Usage says how to use the parameters. The Options section contains the parameters that can be used. Now let’s explain it by numbering.
In the red line, pressing Ctrl + C has stopped the process. Otherwise, the ping will continue. For example, if we start this process before removing the network cable and the network cable is removed, the ping will send us a Request Timed Out message.
2. -a parameter ⇒ Ping the computer with a specific IP address by translating the IP address to the Host name. For example, my computer, the computer name is JOBPC. When I ping my own computer, it will write the host name like the screen below.
4. -l size parameter ⇒ A specific ip address or ping package sent to the website under normal conditions is 32 bytes. With the -l size parameter we can increase this size. The maximum packet size is 65,500 bytes. You can send packages up to the MTU value in your modem or firewall settings that you use at home.
5. -f (fload) parameter ⇒ Adds the Do not Fragment Flag 1 bit to the Ip header header to the Echo Request packet, allowing packets to be sent without fragmentation. This parameter can be used to solve Path Maximum Transmission Unit (PMTU) problems. While the echo request packet is trying to pass through the directions, the packet is not fragmented.
In the first command, when the packet size is 1500 bytes and the flag bit is 1, ie Do not Fragment, the packets are not sent. In the second command, the packets are sent in pieces to set the flag bit. The PPPoE over Ethernet v2 MTU value is 1492.
6. -i TTL parameter ⇒ When pinging a specific IP address or Web site, changing the -i parameter will change the TTL (Time to Live) value in the IP header of the Echo Request packet sent. The default setting depends on the host machine and the maximum value is 255. When we give a lower value to the TTL value, the target adrese will never be reached and will give the message TTL Expired in Transit.
7. -v TOS parameter ⇒ When pinging a specific IP address or Web site, the -v TOS parameter change is to change the Type of Service value in the Ip header of the Echo Request packet being sent. This value is between 0 and 255. The default value is 0.
8. -r count parameter ⇒ The use of the -r count parameter when pinging a specific IP address or Web site causes the Echo Request packet to be sent and the route of the route passed by the recovered Echo Reply packet. The minimum value is 1 and the maximum value is 9. So it is enough to enter at least 1 value, but try to get a bigger number.
9. -s count parameter ⇒ Specifies the Hop count timestamp by changing the timestamp value in the ip address header. It saves time information for each outgoing and incoming echo packets. The minimum value is 1 and the maximum value is 9.
10. -j host-list parameter ⇒ This parameter uses the Loop Source Route option in the ip header of the Echo Request packets. Loose Source Route can be separated by multiple routers by routing. This host-list consists of the IP numbers listed one after the other. The maximum number of host-list IP addresses is 9.
11. -k host-list parameter ⇒ This parameter uses the Strict Source Route option in the IP header of the Echo Request packets. With Strict Source Route routing, the next record must be reachable (the router must have an interface or a neighbor). The maximum address list is 9. Host-list consists of IP numbers arranged one after the other.
12. -w Timeout parameter ⇒ Specifies the length of time the Echo Reply packet waits for incoming Echo Request packets. The time slice is evaluated in milliseconds and the default value is 4000ms (4 seconds).
When we ping a non-local IP address on the local network, we wait 8 seconds for each Echo Reply message. If no echo reply packet is returned within 8 seconds, the Request Timed Out message will be given.
13. -R parameter ⇒ It is used only for IPv6 construction. He follows the ways of return and return.
15. -4 parameter ⇒ To ping, only IPv4 is required.
16. -6 parameter ⇒ To ping, it only forces to use IPv6.
Are you wondering about the performance level of your computer ? If you are wondering, click to read the topic called the How to Use Windows Experience Index Windows 10 …
How to Use Ping Parameters CMD ⇒ Video
You can watch how to use ping parameters cmd. Also, you can subscribe to our YouTube channel…
How to Use Ping Parameters CMD? – We have completed the topic called the How to Use Ping Parameters CMD. Ping Command Options are often used. Working with ping parameters today is a bit of expertise. Rather than expertise, home users generally do not use. If you have specified a detailed troubleshooting method, you can use these parameters. After giving information about the ping parameters, I tried to explain some of it visually.