What is VMware Fusion Virtualization Software? – VMware Fusion is a virtualization program that allows you to use Windows operating systems on a virtual machine on Macintosh computers with Intel processors.
What is VMware Fusion Virtualization Software?
VMware Fusion is a virtualization solution developed by VMware that is only available for Apple operating systems. The first version of the VMware Fusion program released on August 6, 2007, by VMware.
Nowadays, VMware Fusion releases the updates and make compatible with Mac OS operating systems. Now, the most up to date version of the VM Fusion virtualization program is 10 Pro.
With VM Fusion, you can install and use all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems simultaneously.
VMware Fusion Supported Guest OS
After discussing what is VMware Fusion, let’s take a look at the operating systems supported by VM Fusion. VM Fusion supports almost 200 OS. You can check the list of the most popular operating systems published by VMware from the list below.
- Windows 10 (includes Anniversary Edition and 2017 Fall Creator Updates)
- Windows XP, 98
- Windows 7 (all versions, including 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8, Vista (all versions)
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008
- Ubuntu (most versions including 17.04, 16.04, 15.04, 14.10, 14.04, 13.04, 12.04, 11.10 and 10.04)
- Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD
- macOS Sierra
- macOS High Sierra
- Mac OS X Leopard Server
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
- OS X Lion and OS X Lion Server
- OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Mountain Lion Server
- OS X Mavericks and OS X Mavericks Server
- OS X Yosemite and OS X Yosemite Server
How to Use VMware Fusion?
It is best to use the VMware Fusion virtualization program to run Windows on a Mac. You can download this program from the VMware website.
The file extension you are going to download will have the .dmg extension. In Windows operating systems, a program extension is usually an .exe.
However, the extension used for a MacOS operating system is the .dmg extension. You can also compare the DMG extension to the ISO extension in Windows. After all, it acts as a DVD drive.
How to Install VMware Fusion a Mac Computer?
To run Windows on a Mac, you need to install the VM Fusion to the MacOS computer on which you are using. For installation of VM Fusion 10 Pro on MacOS High Sierra, please refer to the following link.
How to Run Windows on a Mac?
Running Windows on a Mac is actually a very simple process. After you have installed VMware Fusion on your Mac, you can create a new virtual machine, for example a Windows 10 installation.
In our previous articles, we implemented installing Windows operating systems with VMware Fusion. You can access these articles from the links below.
- How to Install Windows 10 UEFI on MacOS High Sierra?
- How to Install Windows 7 UEFI on MacOS High Sierra?
- How to Install Windows 8.1 UEFI on MacOS High Sierra?
You can also look at Windows operating systems installations that are no longer in use today.
- How to Install Windows Vista on MacOS High Sierra?
- How to Install Windows XP on MacOS High Sierra?
- How to Install Windows 98 on MacOS High Sierra?
- How to Install Windows 95 on MacOS High Sierra?
- How to Install Windows Millennium on MacOS High Sierra?
You can better understand how easy it is to run Windows on a Mac by taking a look at the above operating system installations.
What is VMware Fusion Virtualization Software? ⇒ Video
You can also watch the related video to run Windows on a Mac and better understand what is VMware Fusion. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel to support us…
What is VMware Fusion Virtualization Software? – In this article, we have discussed what is VMware Fusion and how to run Windows on a Mac. Thanks for following us!
If this article is helpful, send me feedback by commenting! Thanks in advance, take care of yourself!
Also, you can add to browser bookmarks by pressing the CTRL+D to read this article later!