How to Install Wine on Linux Mint 19/Linux Mint 18? – Wine 3.17 released on September 28, 2018. Wine 3.17 is a development release and its stable version is 3.0.3.
How to Install Wine on Linux Mint 19/Linux Mint 18?
With Wine you can install Windows based programs and games on Linux systems. To install a program on Linux you need a file with the .deb extension. To install a software / program on Windows, an installation file with an .exe extension is used.
You can use Wine to install .exe extension programs on Linux. Using Wine, you can install Windows programs on Linux Mint / Ubuntu / Fedora.
In our previous articles, we installed Wine on different systems. You can access these articles from the links below.
We also installed a Windows-compatible program using Wine. You can browse by clicking on the following link.
What’s New in Wine 3.17?
New features coming with Wine 3.17 Development are;
- Improved Shell Autocomplete support.
- More implementation of OPC Services.
- Improvements to the Pager common control.
- Various bug fixes.
How to Install Wine 3.17 on Linux Mint 19/Linux Mint 18?
- On the Linux Mint desktop, open the Terminal.
- For Linux Mint Wine installation, execute the following commands in Terminal respectively.
- sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
- wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
- sudo apt-add-repository ‘deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ xenial main’ (Linux Mint 18)
- sudo apt-add-repository ‘deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ bionic main’ (Linux Mint 19)
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install –install-recommends winehq-devel
How to Install and Configure Wine 3.17 on Linux Mint? ⇒ Video
You can watch the following video for installation of Wine 3.17 on Linux Mint and you can also subscribe to our YouTube channel to support us …
In this article, we installed Wine, which is required to run Windows programs on the Linux operating system. You can run many programs and games on Linux using Wine. Thanks for following us!
If this article is helpful, send me feedback by commenting! Thanks in advance, take care of yourself!
Also, you can add to browser bookmarks by pressing the CTRL+D to read this article later!