In this article, we will examine how to run macOS High Sierra 10.13 on a virtual machine using VM Workstation 14/15.
How to Setup macOS High Sierra 10.13 on VMware Workstation
Apple added the version 10.13 of macOS High Sierra to its operating systems series. So you can install and try this new system on your computer using a virtualization program.
You can download the 10.13 version through the Apple Developer Center and Software Update and update your Mac. If you have a Mac computer, you can download it from https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12.
If you want to install on a virtualization program such as VMware Workstation or Oracle VM VirtualBox, you can download the Bootable ISO file from the button below.
How to Install macOS 10.13 in VMware Virtual Machine
To setup macOS 10.13 on VM Workstation 14/15 Pro, you need the VMware Unlocker tool. You can download this tool to your PC by clicking the button at the bottom of the article.
To configure Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 in a new machine using VMware software, follow the steps below.
- Get the VM Unlocker tool and run win-install.cmd as an administrator in your Windows computer.
- Open the VM Workstation 14/15 pro and select Apple macOS 10.13 in the operating system window when creating a new VM.
- Place the ISO file that you downloaded to the virtual machine on your computer.
- Before starting the installation, go to the virtual machine location that you created and add the smc.version = “0” command to the .VMX file and save the file.
- You can now start macOS installation on VMware.
Note 1: It is recommended that you enable the processor virtualization feature in the Processor section of the VMware virtual machine settings.
Note 2: Specify a minimum of 4 GB RAM value for setup.
In this article, we have examined how to install macOS 10.13 after creating a virtual machine on VM Workstation. Thanks for following us!
♦ How to Setup VM Workstation on Ubuntu
♦ How to Run Windows 10 using VM Software
♦ How to Run Windows 8.1 using VM Software
♦ How to Run Windows Millennium
♦ How to Run Windows 7 using VM Software
You can download the bootable ISO file by clicking the button below.
ISO File Download
Click on the following button to download VM Unlocker 2.1.1 for Apple Mac OS X installation on VMware.