How to Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 on MacOS High Sierra? – Some programs may not be supported on the MacOS operating system. So you may need to install a Windows program on MacOS.
How to Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 on MacOS High Sierra?
This program will be Cisco Packet Tracer if you are going to give an example of an unsupported program on MacOS. Cisco Packet Tracer is a network simulator program developed and supported by Cisco. Click here to get more information about Packet Tracer.
To install a non-supported program on MacOS, you need to use the PlayOnMac program, which provides an interface to the Wine infrastructure. Once you have installed PlayOnMac on MacOS, for example, you can install a Microsoft Office, Adobe PhotoShop program.
In this article, we will install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 using PlayOnMac 4.2.12 on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.
How to Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 on MacOS?
Follow the steps below to install the Packet Tracer step by step on MacOS.
- Before installing PlayOnMac on MacOS High Sierra, sign up to the Cisco Netacad site and download the Packet Tracer program to your computer.
- If you want to download Packet Tracer 7.1.1 directly to your computer, you can download it here.
- Install PlayOnMac on MacOS.
- After you start PlayOnMac, wait for the Xquartz program to be installed.
- After installing Xquartz, wait for the completion of Wine Mono and Wine Gecko installation.
- In the window that opens, type a shortcut name for PacketTracer and click on the Next button.
- And finally, watch the Packet Tracer installation video for MacOS.
How to Install Packet Tracer for MacOS ⇒ Video
How to Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1 on MacOS High Sierra? – In this article, we have reviewed step by step how to install and run Cisco Packet Tracer on MacOS. Thanks for following us!
If this article is helpful, send me feedback by commenting! Thanks in advance, take care of yourself!
Also, you can add to browser bookmarks by pressing the CTRL+D to read this article later!